Once you start testing your web designs systematically and on a regular basis, it can be hard to find test subjects that still have a fresh mind towards your design.
Exactly this need has been spotted by a group of companies that each tries to deliver online user testing in their old way.
Free online user testing services
- FiveSecondTest is a free tool where you can upload your design as a screenshot and carry a series of different tests out on it.
Online user testing services you need to pay for
- Usertesting.com has real people on their payroll, which you pay to carry out live user tests delivered as a screencast, microphone recorded comments, and a written summary. One user test is $29.
- Loop11 allows you to conduct remote unmoderated user tests: create a task, invite users, and get the data. Much like the UI-patterns survey. Loop11 has decent testemonials and costs $350 – as a flat fee.
- CrazyEgg.com lets track what your users do on your page – mouse movements, clicks, etc. Pricing starts from $9 a month and goes up to $99 a month.
- IntuitionHQ is a screenshot-based testing suite much like the UI-patterns survey. They charge $5 for each test project that goes live.
Now you don’t have an excuse not to regularly conduct your user tests!