The starting point when launching a new product is too often to ask yourself: What product do we need and what team should we hire? Then after building the product, you start figuring out how to sell it or if it can be sold in the first plac...
72% of all new products flop1. In other words: it is most likely that you are working on something nobody wants. Chances are higher that you will succeed with an alternative version of the idea you are working on right now – or something com...
We are all doing high-frequency waterfall. Agile won’t save us
One of my life goals is to publish a book about how to build great products. I hope to help others learn from my hard-earned lessons to get ahead of the game. Ultimately, I want to help product builders to kick ass at what they love to do.
Persuasive Design has helped team members apply psychology to the design process, effectively establishing a more nuanced understanding and discussion of of the human mind. It has done so by digesting key psychological concepts into a simple...
From the archive
- Beyond usability: Designing with persuasive patterns
- Mapping design goals to tactics
- 11 tips to increase form conversion
- How to get better at UI and UX design
- Nir Eyal: Trigger users' actions and reward them to build habits
- Design effective rewards structures in web design
- Designing for push and pull in web design
- Optimization vs innovation
- The three levels of design patterns: Implementation, flow, and context