The user needs to go back to a safe start location of the site.
- Use when the user often enters the website through a page other than the start site. The user needs to be able to easily find his way to the starting point or front page of the website.
- Create a link to the starting point or front page of the website on the site’s logo on every single page on the website.
- If the site does not have a logo, then link the to the front page of the website with the text ‘Home’.
- The link and/or linked images should always be in the same location on all pages.
- If the website has more than one home, then be sure to make the distinction in linking between the root home and the local home.
It has become a standard in webdesign, that the site’s logo is always linked to a safe start location for the user. Normally, this is the front page of the site, but it could also be the front page of a section in the site, or some other safe start location for the user.